Wright Paris (2018/19)
Rules for the Wright Pairs
The Wright Pairs will be played on the same evening over 2 sheets.
The rules for the Wright Pairs competition for season 2018/19 are as follows:
- Each team will play each other once in a round robin format.
- Each game will be played over 2 ends.
- In the first end, each player will deliver 3 stones each.
- In the second end, the lead will deliver 3 stones and the skip 2 stones.
- The player not delivering the stone may choose to stand in the head or sweep the stone. The player delivering the stone is NOT permitted to sweep.
- Players may change positions for each game, but are not allowed to change positions during a game.
- The Free Guard Zone will not be active for any games. A stone played by a lead that would normally be declared in the Free Guard Zone can be removed by an opposition stone.
- Teams will be awarded 2 points for a win, 1 for a peel and 0 for a loss.
The rinks and fixtures for this season Wright Pairs are as follows:
|Rink A||Andy Rankin||David Armstrong|
|Rink B||Bill Deans||Gail Graham|
|Rink C||Willie Ross||Ian Mulholland|
|Rink D||David Shanks||Douglas Third|
|Rink E||Jim MacDonald||Andy Cooper|
|Date||Time||Home Team||Score||Away Team|
|Tue 26th Mar 19||19:50||Rink A - Rankin||4 V 0||Rink B - Deans|
|Tue 26th Mar 19||19:50||Rink C - Ross||0 V 4||Rink D - Shanks|
|Tue 26th Mar 19||20:15||Rink A - Rankin||4 V 0||Rink E - MacDonald|
|Tue 26th Mar 19||20:15||Rink D - Shanks||3 V 0||Rink B - Deans|
|Tue 26th Mar 19||20:40||Rink C - Ross||1 V 1||Rink E - MacDonald|
|Tue 26th Mar 19||20:40||Rink A - Rankin||3 V 2||Rink D - Shanks|
|Tue 26th Mar 19||21:05||Rink A - Rankin||1 V 1||Rink C - Ross|
|Tue 26th Mar 19||21:05||Rink B - Deans||3 V 3||Rink E - MacDonald|
|Tue 26th Mar 19||21:30||Rink B - Deans||4 V 1||Rink C - Ross|
|Tue 26th Mar 19||21:30||Rink D - Shanks||1 V 3||Rink E - MacDonald|
|1||Rink A - Rankin||4||3||0||1||12||3||6||2||7|
|2||Rink D - Shanks||4||2||2||0||10||6||6||2||4|
|3||Rink E - MacDonald||4||1||1||2||7||9||3||5||4|
|4||Rink B - Deans||4||1||2||1||7||11||2||6||3|
|5||Rink C - Ross||4||0||2||2||3||10||3||5||2|
The final positions will be decided by the following:
- if tied on points then shots up;
- if still tied then ends won;
- if still tied then total shots scored;
- if still tied then the outcome of the matches between the teams;
- if still tied then a one shot draw challenge where each team can nominate either player.