Wright Paris (2018/19)
Rules for the Wright Pairs
The Wright Pairs will be played on the same evening over 2 sheets.
The rules for the Wright Pairs competition for season 2018/19 are as follows:
- Each team will play each other once in a round robin format.
- Each game will be played over 2 ends.
- In the first end, each player will deliver 3 stones each.
- In the second end, the lead will deliver 3 stones and the skip 2 stones.
- The player not delivering the stone may choose to stand in the head or sweep the stone. The player delivering the stone is NOT permitted to sweep.
- Players may change positions for each game, but are not allowed to change positions during a game.
- The Free Guard Zone will not be active for any games. A stone played by a lead that would normally be declared in the Free Guard Zone can be removed by an opposition stone.
- Teams will be awarded 2 points for a win, 1 for a peel and 0 for a loss.
The final positions will be decided by the following:
- if tied on points then shots up;
- if still tied then ends won;
- if still tied then total shots scored;
- if still tied then the outcome of the matches between the teams;
- if still tied then a one shot draw challenge where each team can nominate either player.