What this privacy notice covers
Dumbarton Curling Club is committed to protecting your personal information. In this notice references to ‘we’ and ‘us’ means Dumbarton Curling Club (DCC). This notice explains how we collect and use the personal information about you.
What data do we require?
DCC will be a “controller” of the personal information that you provide us in this form, unless otherwise stated.
When you register as a member of DCC or renew your membership (including if you are registering on behalf of a child under the age of 18), we will ask you for the following personal information:
• contact details – name, address, telephone number, email address, and date of birth. Date of birth is only required if you are under 21 years of age.
• membership criteria / category – full, associate, honorary, reserve.
Why we need your personal information – contractual purposes
We need to collect our members’ personal information so that we can manage your membership. We will use our members’ personal information to:
• provide you with core member services, including, insurance and licensing with Scottish Curling.
• set up your Scottish Curling online membership account and administer your account online.
• send you membership communication by post or email in relation to essential membership services, including but not limited to, general meeting notices, membership renewals and information on membership fees.
If you do not provide us with all relevant personal information that we need to collect, then this may affect our ability to offer the above membership services and benefits.
Why we need your personal information – legitimate purposes
We also process our members’ personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
• promote and encourage participation in the sport of Curling by sending members’ communications and booking information for upcoming competitions and events. Our competitions and events may be filmed or photographed, and your personal information may also be used in images captured from our competitions and events, which we may use for promotional, education and development purposes.
• provide competition in the sport of Curling by accepting and managing entries for our competitions and checking your personal information to ensure you are entered in to the correct competition.
• develop and maintain our members’ coaching qualifications, including sending email communications to members informing them of relevant upcoming courses.
• invite our members to our social events and our annual end of season dinner by email / telephone.
• respond to and communicate with members regarding your questions, comments, support needs or complaints; and concerns or allegations in relation to the sport of Curling. We will use your personal information to investigate your complaint, suspend membership and take disciplinary action where appropriate.
Why we need your personal information – legal obligations
We are under legal obligation to process certain personal information relating to our members for the purposes of complying with our obligations under:
the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007 to check that our coaches and volunteers can undertake regulated work with children and vulnerable adults.
Other uses of your personal information
We may ask you if we can process your personal information for additional purposes. Where we do so, we will provide you with an additional privacy notice with information on how we will use your information for these additional purposes.
Who we share your personal information with
We may be required to share your personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities to comply with statutory obligations. Such organisations may include the Health & Safety Executive, Disclosure Scotland, and Police Scotland for the purposes of safeguarding children.
We may share your personal information with our professional and legal advisors for the purposes of taking advice.
DCC may publish your name and photograph on its website or social media pages but will not disclose your address, email or telephone numbers there except for office bearers whose contact details may be shown.
We may share your personal information with other members of DCC for coordinating teams for competitions.
We may share your personal information with areas and provinces of Scottish Curling, and ice rinks for the purposes of registering you for competitions and events.
As an affiliated club of Scottish Curling we are required to ensure that all our members are members of Scottish Curling as a condition of affiliation. We will share your name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, and any other information relevant for executing their responsibilities as a Sports Governing Body in Scotland. Scottish Curling will become a “controller” of your personal information when they receive it. Scottish Curling’s privacy notice explains how they use your personal information and can be assessed here https://www.scottishcurling.org/privacy-policy/
Please note that the Annual produced by Scottish Curling contains the names of every clubs’ members and contact details for office bearers of Member Clubs.
Should we require to share personal information with external third parties, we will only share such personal information strictly required for the specific purpose, and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that recipients shall only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those purposes.
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is stored electronically on a pc/laptop which is password protected. Your personal information is accessed by our appointed Offices Bearers:
• Match Secretary
for the purposes set out above.
How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with membership services. Unless you ask us not to, we will review and possibly delete your personal information where you have not renewed your membership with us for three years.
Your rights in relation to your personal information are:
• you have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a “subject access request”;
• if you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to request that we correct or complete your personal information;
• you have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific purposes; and
• if you wish us to delete your personal information, you may request that we do so.
Any requests received by Dumbarton Curling Club will be considered under applicable data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk
Dumbarton Curling Club