Wright Pairs (2017/18)
The rinks, fixtures and final standings for the Wright Pairs 2017/18 are as follows:
|Rink A||David Armstrong||Ian Mulholland|
|Rink B||Jim MacDonald||Duncan Taggart|
|Rink C||David Shanks||Ann Shanks|
|Rink D||Andy Rankin||Douglas Third|
|Date||Time||Home Team||Score||Away Team|
|Thu 29th Mar 18||19:50||Rink A - Armstrong||4 V 2||Rink B -|
|Thu 29th Mar 18||19:50||Rink C - Shanks||0 V 6||Rink D -|
|Thu 29th Mar 18||20:30||Rink B - MacDonald||1 V 3||Rink D -|
|Thu 29th Mar 18||20:30||Rink A - Armstrong||0 V 6||Rink C -|
|Thu 29th Mar 18||21:10||Rink A - Armstrong||0 V 4||Rink D -|
|Thu 29th Mar 18||21:10||Rink B - MacDonald||3 V 3||Rink C -|
|1||Rink D - Rankin||3||3||0||0||13||1||8||1||6|
|2||Rink C - Shanks||3||1||1||1||9||9||5||4||3|
|3||Rink A - Armstrong||3||1||2||0||4||12||1||8||2|
|4||Rink B - MacDonald||3||0||2||1||6||10||4||5||1|
Champions: Andy Rankin & Douglas Third
Rules for the Wright Pairs
The Wright Pairs will be played on the same evening over 2 sheets.
The rules for the Wright Pairs competition for season 2018/19 are as follows:
- Each team will play each other once in a round robin format.
- Each player will deliver 3 stones each per end. Each game will be played over 3 ends.
- Teams will be awarded 2 points for a win, 1 for a peel and 0 for a loss.
The final positions will be decided by the following:
- if tied on points then shots up;
- if still tied then ends won;
- if still tied then total shots scored;
- if still tied then the outcome of the matches between the teams;
- if still tied then a one shot draw challenge where each team can nominate either player
Each player will deliver 3 stones each per end, with the lead delivering 2 stones then the skip delivering 2 stones with the lead delivering their final stone before the skip delivers theirs.
Each game will last only 3 ends. One player will deliver the stone, with the other playing starting in the head but coming out to sweep if necessary.
The player delivering the stone will not be permitted to sweep.
The Free Guard Zone will not be active for any games. A stone played by a lead that would normally be declared in the Free Guard Zone can be removed by an opposition stone.
The players will switch positions after each end, i.e. the skips will play lead in the 2nd end.